St Elizabeth's Catholic Primary School opened its doors on February 25 1958. Three Presentation Sisters - Emmanuel, Carmel, and Raphael - were welcomed by the Parish Priest, Father Basil Bergin and Archbishop Duhig opened the school.
Our school commenced with 77 children in Years 1 to 3. At the present time we have two classes in each year level from Prep to Year 6. Our enrolment is relatively stable at just under 400 children.
Today, St Elizabeth's School is recognised within the community for offering a quality Catholic Primary School education. As we have grown and changed, we have continued to build on the traditions established by the Presentation Sisters. Their spirit of justice and love for all still permeates our school community and is further strengthened by the traditions established by the parents and teaching staff over the past five decades.
Over the past decade we have undertaken an extensive refurbishment program. New classrooms have been built and old ones renovated. All classes are equipped with contemporary educational technology including banks of laptops or tablets, interactive data projectors and digital recording devices. Wireless networking enables netbooks and laptops to be shared effectively among classes and used outdoors. Phonic Ear Sound Systems in the classrooms supporting children’s hearing. The school is fully air-conditioned and beautifully landscaped. We are proud of the learning environment that we offer and strive to keep pace with new trends and developments in the field of education.
Both boys and girls benefit from mixed-gender classes in Primary school and our older students, in particular, value the leadership role they hold in the school. The school's Buddy Program is an integral feature of life at St Elizabeth's School. We take pride in being able to offer a well-rounded education where children engage in a variety of opportunities academically, religiously, physically, culturally, emotionally and socially.